- Academy Studio have been appointed Victorian Trainers for MYscara - THE Semi-Permanent Mascara. Easy to apply, waterproof, smudgeproof and lasting 2-3 weeks. More effective than tinting as it lenghthens and thickens the lashes as well. Be one of the first in your area to offer this unique service.....
Academy Director, Deanna Hewett, is just one of the experienced Educators who's successful past and comprehensive knowledge will help you get started as a Makeup Artist, Beauty Worker or Hairstylist.”Read More....
Academy Studio’s Managing Director Deanna Hewett is just one of the Educators whose successful past and comprehensive knowledge will help you get started as a Make-up Artist, Beauty Worker or Hair Stylist!
Deanna’s career in Hair and Beauty has seen her work on some of the most well-known and loved productions of our time. In 2008/2009 Deanna worked on: CATS, Priscilla-the Musical and the Phantom of the Opera. She was Head of Wigs on Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, and also part of the team for the original Melbourne production of Phantom of the Opera in 1990 at the Princess Theatre. Deanna is a qualified Hairdresser, Cosmetologist, Make-Up Artist, and Cert IV Trainer and Assessor who has worked in many areas of the Hair and Beauty Industry as a successful Wig Dresser, in Bridal and Special Occasion Hair and Make-up services, consulting, and as Senior Hairdresser and Head Educator.
Deanna is often called on to be a judge in Makeup and Apprentice awards, and she has a strong commitment to the industry in training and developing emerging talent. Deanna and her team are dedicated to excellence in all areas and look forward to sharing all their experience and knowledge with you!
- Owner and Director of Academy Studio
- Wigs 2010 production of CATS
- Wigs 2008 production of “The Phantom of the Opera”
- Wigs 2008 production of “Priscilla the Musical”
- Head of Wigs “Scrooge“1994
- Head of Wigs Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast” 1995/96
- Wigs 1990 -93 “Phantom of the Opera” (Original Production)
- Wigs 1993 “CATS”
- Circus Oz ‘Identity” program and poster shots 2009/2010
- Makeup Design and Education for “Strange Fruit” 2009
- Teacher of Hairdressing and Make-Up for Schools and Salons
- Judge HBIA Student Awards 2009/2010/2011
- IHS State Competitions Award for Bridal Total Look
- Judge Beauty Expo Make-Up Competitions 2005/06/07/08
- Judge HBIA Make-Up Competitions 2006/2007
- Training Consultant for ATELIER Professional Make-Up
- Fashion Parades & Photo Shoots
- Wig and Hair Design for Carey Grammar school productions 2002 – 2009
- Wig Department setup, design and styling for Costume Hire Company
- Workshop Facilitator— Long Hair Styling for Make-Up Artists
- Advanced Salon Stylist, Colourist & Educator
- Technician for Hair Products Manufacturer
- Television Advertisements
- Corporate Video Productions
- Miss Victoria Pageant – Hair and Make-up 1984
- Haircare & Styling classes for Modelling Agencies 1986-89
- Logies Guests Hair and Make-up – 1983/84
Home | Why Choose the Academy | Testimonials | Waxing | Lashes & Brows | Spray Tanning | Makeup | Hairstyling
Terms and Conditions |Course Start Dates |Enrolments| Contact
©2012 Academy Studio
Errors and omissions excepted. Images other than Gallery Images are for illustration purposes only.
All prices include GST, are correct at the time of publishing, and are subject to change without notice unless otherwise stated.
Full attendance is required for successful completion of training. Short Course and Workshop results may vary according to student aptitude and commitment to practice. Academy Studio reserves the right to vary the number of hours of a Course or Workshop and will endeavor to inform the Student on or prior to commencement of training. This may be for a number of reasons including, but not limited to student numbers; private training; product changes and student aptitude.